Friday, May 7, 2010

And we're back...sort of.

I got my laptop up and running again...in a janky sort of way. I borrowed our old roommate's computer monitor and hooked it up to my laptop. My laptop screen is still black, and eventually I'll need to either fix it or upgrade to a new laptop, but at the moment that seems like an unnecessary expense (esp after my most recent dental visit...super expensive to re-fill four fillings yo!...and we had to get the garage door re-keyed the other day...which was unexpected)

Anyways, it's nice to have my laptop alive again.

We recently ate at Jyoti Bihanga...it's this vegan/vegetarian restaurant down the street from where we live. It's run by Sri Chinmoy practitioners, and they are all super mellow and friendly. Must be from all the meditation!

Anyways, I had hibiscus mint ice tea to drink...



And the NeatLoaf Sandwich for my lunch. I generally like vegetarian/vegan alternatives (R not so much) so I gobbled up my meal happily:




R had the curry...I think it had mock chicken in it. It also came with a carrot ginger soup (which was light and refreshing), but I failed to take a picture of it before R consumed it all. I think he was afraid that I was going to eat it all in my "one bite" that I requested. hehe (he always teases that I consume all the food in the house while he is gone and threatens to hide the groceries so that he can have some. hah!)



I'd like to go back and try the other things on the menu. There are a lot of options to choose from and the atmosphere of the restaurant is really relaxing and peaceful. I also love that we can walk there!

No comments:

Post a Comment