Wednesday, November 4, 2009

One step at a time...

I've recently taken up running again...well, I say recently, but it's actually been more like since July (after having taken a long long break). I think I've finally figured it out. Today while on my 6-mi run it finally occurred to me that long distance running is 80% mental will. I've finally been able to win the battle against my mind telling me that I can't run more than 4 miles at once without stopping. In fact, a couple weekends ago I ran 11-miles alone on a Sunday morning...3 months ago I couldn't even run 3 miles by myself without wanting to stop like every 5 minutes. I ran cross-country and track for 6 years while in junior high and high school and even then with that amount of training, 6 miles felt like torture and now it feels, well, good...

No comments:

Post a Comment